- CBD based, 12 month fixed term contract commencing July 2018
- Be a part of a small, close-knit & collaborative team
- Work with an industry leader and entrepreneurial MD within design!
Our client is one of Australia’s leading design firms focused on the high-end commercial property market. Their Head Office in the Sydney CBD houses some of their most creative, innovative and best talent, including their Founder & Managing Director. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Practice Manager to come on-board and join this collaborative and down to earth team. In addition to working closely with the MD, this person will also be tasked with managing the office, being across finance and HR related matters for the business and being a key stakeholder for all operational aspects. Unique role? YES!
Your role will be varied – and no day will be the same! across the operational, financial and people management of the business, responsibilities will include but certainly not be limited to:
- Liaison with suppliers, contractors and consultants as required;
- Oversees premises management including maintenance, tidiness and overall presentation of the office;
- Schedule and attend monthly Directors meetings and financial meetings;
- Business planning in consultation with the Directors, across staff and operational aspects;
- Provision of accurate and timely financial reports to the directors;
- Liaise with accountant and bookkeeper regarding financial matters, budgets and forecasts;
- Preparation of monthly invoices;
- Management of staff expenditure and office consumables;
- Coordinate recruitment processes with the HR director;
- Implement strategies and initiatives to ensure employee retention;
- Induction and training of all new starters; and
- Performance review, training and development processes.
To be considered for this position, you will be an experienced Practice Manager with industry exposure that lends more to creative than ‘corporate’. Coming from within architecture, design or similar settings will see you succeed in this position. Additionally, you will have had exposure to operational, financial and people management aspects over your roles. Key to your success in this position will be your ability to maintain a professional, outward facing mentality, coupled with a genuine, down to earth and creative contribution internally to what is a small and close-knit team. Technical experience with Xero and Salesforce will also be a huge benefit! This is initially a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and will commence in July with a handover period.
The Next Step
If you have the skills aforementioned and you’re looking for the opportunity to take on a meaty and challenging role in an industry you’re passionate about – I want to hear from you. Please get in touch today to discuss! Grace Lamey | 0499 910 241
Job Title: Office Manager
Contract: Contract or Temp